I have gotten bitten by the planner bug! It started a couple months ago, but at the time, I had a cheap planner that was not very useful. But I started looking on Pinetrest and YouTube and got a ton of information. Well, on April 15th, I ordered the brand new MAMBI Happy Planner. It is an early birthday present from my husband. I received it on Monday, April 20th and have been playing around with it ever since. So far, I am loving it!
Well, here is the first half of the week. Sorry it is so grainy. I took the picture in low light. Hopefully you can get the gist of it. I am still playing around with things, trying to see what will work for me. I still don't have a lot of planning stickers, I will probably get more for my birthday in May. I do have some washi tape, lots of scrapbooking stickers (some will work, so will not), some cheap stickers and some great planner stamps. On this side, I used mostly washi tape, and some of those stickers you can pick up cheap at like Walmart, or Meijers or where ever it was. Can't remember which place I got them. The washi tape made great little flags to draw attention to things I need to do.
On this side I used my stamps, made some homemade stickers, more washi tape and cheap stickers. The homemade stickers were easy. I just used those cheap little Avery white removeable stickers, colored them in with a Sharpie and then used a stamp on them. The little grocery cart and the pill bottle are examples of that. I also stamped on white removeable stickers with the pink ink for the hydration and the meal planning part. I didn't want to stamp directly on the planner in case I messed up. I love the cute little garden id sticker. It came from a Hello Kitty sticker set I got at Walmart. It is cute to designate when I need to work in the garden. Unfortunately, there are not enough of them to use all season.
Some things I plan to change:
- I plan to do my meal planning and hydration differently once I can get some stickers. This is just taking up too big of area. I think I am going to get a narrow sticker or a small sticker for meal planning and then maybe a weekly hydration sticker for the side bar instead of having it every day. If I don't do that, I will probably get a narrower sticker or one of those stickers where it is just a small bottle and you color it in as you drink more. I am still deciding.
- I am not going to continue to write package delivery info on the side. It just takes up too much room. I think I will just use a small sticker to show when a package is suppose to be delivered.
- So far I am liking the "morning, afternoon, and evening" headers. I know a lot of ladies change them, but I like how it tells me what I need to do next. I don't know. I will probably sometimes cover it up, but I doubt I will most of the time.
- I like sectioning off the weekend with thin washi tape. The Monday- Sunday format throws me off some, so it does help to remind me that the weekend is blocked off.
Some things I plan to do:
- Order more stickers!!! Etsy is full of cute planner stickers. I think they will help me get organized.
- Add some motivational stuff intermittently. I need the reminders. :)
- Add Bible study, prayer and stuff to my planner. It will help remind me.
The front cover of my Happy Planner
So, there is my new planner and this weeks set up. I hope to continue to show my weekly spreads. If you would like to see more, please follow this blog to get up-dates! Please feel to share this on Pinterest, just please make sure it links back to this blog post. And last but not least, please leave me a comment! I love hearing from you. Thank you for reading!